Marine Maintenance & Civil Engineering
Linking Marine Works with Construction
We are more than happy to be a team player in major civils projects, and we are very experienced at it.
We’ve been involved in marine civils since our inception nearly 30 years ago – contact us now to see how we can help, and what part we can play.
Examples of Previous Marine Maintenance and Civils Projects:
- Removal and refloating dock gates
- Installation of mooring systems
- Re-opening of Wallsend drydock
- Installation of offshore survival deepwater berth
- Installation of North Shields Ferry Terminal
- Manufacture and installation of fenders for Newcastle Quayside
- Installation of pontoon systems at Newcastle Quayside
Lifting and Lowering Dock Gate
The tenth project of this nature leading TWM to consider itself a specialist in this area of lifting and lowering dock gates. This project involved the lifting and lowering a 220 tonne dock gate at the Offshore Technology Park in Wallsend to enable the removal and towage of a roll-on roll-off pontoon using a truck mounted winch to lower and lift the gate.
Installation of North Shields Ferry Terminal
The Ferry Landing and Bridge was installed in 2 hours.
TWM won the contract because of our ability to be able to float the bridge in by using our Modular Pontoon System where all other contractors approached were pricing for large cranes to carry out the job.